Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ghirardelli Box

Good Morning,
Isn't this box cute! I made this box to go with the birthday card that I gave to a friend (Heather).
This is the front view.

Here is the side view.
 Here is the box open.

The inspiration came from here.  I changed a little here and there to fit my need.

The box measured 2 x 2 x 1(height).

Here are the supplies I used.  I forgot to add the round tap punch for the handle.

(1) 4 x 4 for the box - score 1" all around
 (1) 2 x 3 for the lid - score 1" on the long side
(2) 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 card stocks
(2) 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 pattern papers



Cut the box as in the picture and glue the corners to create the box.  Glue the lid on.  Then glue the box panel on the bottom and on the lid.  The wrap around band is 1 x 8 inches.  No score line needed.  Just wrap the band around the box and added Velcro under the flower.

I used coffee filters for the flower.  I always like the texture of the coffee filters.  So I took the opportunity and made the flower.  It was hard to punch the coffer filters by itself.  But if you place a 20 lbs. printing paper under neath the coffer filter and punch them together, it work great.



Here are the card and the box.  I did add pearls on the "PP" flowers before I gave to Heather.  I personally delivered  the card and the box to Heather (she lives down the block) and guess what these are her favorite colors.  She was wearing a purple shirt and just dyed a purple baby carrier blanket.

Anyhoo, thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.


Helen

5 comments:

eva said...

Wonderfully,Very beautiful flower

Whimcees said...

Hello Helen!

This is a beautiful gift box! I love the colors. Great idea to use the coffee filters for the flowers! Beautiful set!

Wishing you a good day today!

Barbara Diane

JustNeedling said...

Beautiful box and I really love the coffee filter flower. Brilliant! I don't drink coffee but I'll buy the filter just so I can make flowers!:)

Patty O'Malley said...

What a beautiful gift,Helen! Love that flower!

Rae said...

What a pretty set, Helen.