Friday, June 22, 2012

Granny Square Roses

Hello,

These are the second to the last crochet batch  from last month during my May crochet marathon.
Each granny square measure a little over 2 inches squares.   I have seen some lovely crochet purses and I was thinking of turning these into a purses. 



 I will need at least 20 more squares to make the purse that I like.  Crocheting the squares were not hard for me.  The thought of sewing the inside of the purse slowed me down since I barely know how to sew.  But I really needed a new purse so I will think of something....

I combined a few granny squares that I saw on the web to make these granny squares.
I saw the roses here but I changed the center because  I don't like those holes in the center.

Then the next two rounds after the center rose was from here.

Thanks for looking.  Have a lovely weekend and stay cool!  It is HOT, HOT, HOT in the Delaware Valley.

Helen

9 comments:

Mihaela said...

Beautiful roses!!!

Baukje said...

Wow wonderful that you have nicely done!
Have a good weekend
Greetings Baukje

Migdalia said...

The Roses are Gorgeous!!!!

Patty O'Malley said...

These are so pretty, Helen!

Ann said...

Pretty grannies. Those will make a cute purse.

Merry said...

These square are beautiful...I love the colours of the roses. Can't wait to see the purse.

Rae said...

Hi Helen
I hope you are staying cool.
You know I love your crocheting and these squares are no exception!
Beautiful work!

ManuK said...

A friend of mine made a bag for me using these crochet squares! It looks great, so keep working on the last ones you need for the purse cause you will love it, too!
Stay cool indeed, weather in Bucharest is hot, hot, hot too!

Happy Crafting!
Manuela

Whimcees said...

Hello!

WOW! I am so impressed at your skill with crocheting to create such beautiful rose squares! Beautifully done Helen - WOW! Wishing you a happy day today!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane